Sunday, November 1, 2009

Could be a coincidence...

There are, after all, only about 200 gazillion Facebook users, and the name might be as common in Chennai as 'Kylie Smith'. But I have deactivated my Facebook account (not in my real name, 'Wayne' and 'Nick'! :p ) anyway. Since otherwise to make that 'friend suggestion' Facebook would have had to have found out who I really am from my email address, then collected earlier email addresses belonging to me, and looked up users whose names appeared in lists with those earlier email addresses. Probably a long bow to draw. Such omnipotent data-trawling AI's probably have less frivolous things to do. More likely a coincidence. Freaky anyway.

My brother is participating in Movember, I am sure he would be pleased if you clicked the link and made a donation. I am too far gone, as you probably know, and am now only eligible for 'Look-like-the-unabomber-ovember'...

No comments: